Top 10 Beach Bag Must-Haves
So you’re off to the beach and you don’t want to be caught out by forgetting those essential items! How can you be sure you have everything you may need and fit it all into one bag? We have come up with a list of our top 10 beach bag items to help you prepare for your day.
1) Sunglasses. Sunglasses won’t just help you to look cool on the beach, they will also protect your eyes and help to prevent wrinkles.
2) Suncream. Please don’t forget your suncream. How many times have you come back from a day in the sun and developed the ‘beetroot look’ by bedtime? This not only looks awful and causes peeling a few days later, it is also extremely bad for your skin and can cause cancer. Include a minimum of SPF 30 if you’re planning to be out in the sunshine for an extended period.
3) Hat. A sun hat will help to keep the sun off your face and out of your eyes and prevent overheating and damage to your hair.
4) Towel. A medium sized towel will give you something to sit on and will be welcome if you decide to swim in salt water. It can also double up as an item to keep the sun off or even wrap around your shoulders for a bit of extra warmth later in the day.
5) Bottled water and a snack. Bottled water is the kindest way to keep your body hydrated and is worth it’s weight in gold. Always take at least 1 litre to replace lost fluids. You’ll be glad of a snack too. Choose yours.
6) Water spray. You can buy water spray products these days but if you’d rather avoid that expense a travel sized atomizer filled with spring water can be a life saver.
7) Bikini/tankini. If you go for a two-piece swim suit you can mix and match with you outfit (we would suggest a kaftan and some linen trousers or lightweight jeans.
8) Lip salve and concealer. Include an SPF lip salve and concealer to prevent your lips from drying out and for emergency touch ups. Keep any makeup you wear to the beach to a minimum. We would suggest using the concealer and lip salve before you leave alongside a waterproof mascara (which you can then leave at home).
9) Compact mirror. See above!
10) iPod. Hours of entertainment for those who just want to find some shade and relax.…